Thank you for considering Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bankís volunteer opportunities. We are able to accommodate both individuals and groups.
Our process begins with the completion of our Volunteer Inquiry. This application allows us to get to know you and the type of volunteer activity you would prefer.
Once your application is received, we invite you on-site for a brief tour of our facility. This visit may occur immediately prior to your volunteer activity. It allows you to become familiar with our food bank and our staff a chance to get to know you.
- Volunteers must wear closed toe shoes while working in our warehouse, flip flops or sandals are not permitted.
- Volunteers should consider safety and comfort when choosing the appropriate apparel for volunteer activities; volunteers should be particularly concerned with excessively loose clothing that could interfere with food bank equipment.
- Volunteers are asked to present a professional image. Suggestive clothing and apparel with offensive messages and/or graphics are prohibited. Profane or abusive language is also prohibited.
- Volunteers are discouraged from bringing expensive personal items to volunteer activities (cell phones, jewelry, electronic devices, etc.). Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for missing or stolen items.
- Volunteers should be in good health. Food safety training will be required for those handling fresh and/or perishable foods.
- Children over the age of 10 may volunteer with parental permission and adequate supervision.
For more information:
Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank
4503 Airpark Boulevard
Duluth, MN 55811